Sexually abusing teenage boy Suspect faces 50 years jail
0 month ago, 04-Nov-2019
The accused is alleged to have sexually assaulted a teenage boy by touching his body and genitals, and sucking his genitals. File Photo
KUCHING: A 39-year-old man is facing up to 50 years in prison, if he is convicted on two charges of sexually abusing a teenage boy.
Zainudin Mohammad Husain, however, pleaded not guilty after both charges were read to him before the Special Sexual Criminal Court Judge Jason Juga.
The court has set Dec 2 as the date for the case. The accused is also allowed bail of RM10,000 along with two local bailiffs, Jason said yesterday.
The accused is alleged to have sexually assaulted a teenage boy by touching his body and genitals, and sucking his genitals, at 11pm on May 19, in a hotel at Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg here.
For the offence, he faces charges under Section 14 (a) of the Child Sexual Offences Act 2017, punishable under Section 14 of the same Act and if convicted, he could be behind bars for up to 20 years and also be fined.
The accused was also charged with inserting his finger into the victims anus without the victims consent during the incident and for that, he was charged under Section 377CA of the Penal Code and upon conviction, is liable to a term of imprisonment of not less than five years and a maximum of 30 years, and also to whipping.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Nurfadzlin Mahmad Zulhasnan asked the court not to allow bail in view of the serious offences committed against the 15-year-old boy.
However, the accused through his lawyer applied for bail because he was detained at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and held in Sarawak for several days in jail before he was charged yesterday.
All the family members except his nephew are still unaware of the case, said his lawyer Francis Wee.
Wee said the accused was a graduate of agriculture and had previously worked with the Federal Land Development Authority (Felda); however, he resigned six months ago because he wanted to find a new job.